6 Weeks…that is on average how long a New Years resolution lasts! In fact, most changes people take on starts with high energy and excitement and mostly end in loss of energy, disappointment and a lingering feeling of failure. When you understand the brain, this is very normal human behaviour, so don’t be hard on yourself!
We know that there are 4 things to keep in mind when a person wants to experience change:
- Nobody think the way you do. When you consider that how you think is more unique than a finger print you will soon learn that, that is your greatest gift! It is also unfortunately the reason why a programme, process or plan that works for one person, will not necessarily work for another person.
- Aware is everything! If you do not understand, at a deeper level, why you got stuck in the first place, you will not be able to go on a journey to unstick yourself!
- Skills you can have all the awareness in the world, but not knowing what to do with it will give you no forward movement.
- Accountability is something the brain does not like since one of the brain’s main functions is to keep you you (even if you are detrimental to yourself) and would always like to find a way out of the change.
The MindShift Method attacks all 4 elements above by:
- customising a process that fits your thinking process
- use neuroscience methodology to create awareness
- use specific skills to change thinking patterns, key stone behaviours and paradigms to reach set goals/targets.
- have an assigned “strategic change partner” (qualified mentor or coach) checking in weekly to test learning, track growth, motivate and plan next steps. Your brain will struggle to get out of this one!
Life is to short to wait a minute longer – let us together, help to create the purposeful, happy & successful life you are worthy of.